Examine the importance of professional associations in nursing. Choose a professional nursing organization that relates to a specialty area of interest. Make sure you select a specialty organization and not the ANA or the NLN. Provide a detailed overview of the organization and its advantages for members. Include the following:
1. A thesis statement.
2. Describe the organization and its significance to nurses in the specialty area. Include its purpose, mission, and vision. Describe the overall benefits, or “perks,” of being a member.
3. Explain why networking is important for a nurse in this specialty field. Discuss how this organization creates networking opportunities for members.
4. Discuss how the organization keeps its members informed of health care changes and changes to practice that affect the specialty area.
5. Discuss opportunities the organization provides for continuing education and professional development.
6. Discuss the specifics of your specialty like critical care or women’s health.