Below is the assignment instructions.
-Make a Powerpoint about Electronic Health Records
– Follow the 6×6 rule for the slide bullet points. (May have less than 6 bullet points)
– If using a quote, have it the only thing on the slide. Include in-text citation
– Need to put presenter notes on each slide explaining each bullet point (Should have at least a paragraph explaining each bullet point on the presenter notes.
– Must have atleast 2 references or more. 1 needs to be peer reviewed, and 1 needs to be scholarly. No more than 5 years old.
Step 1: Review the following scenario:
This powerpoint will focus on Electronic Health Records (EHR) and patient education. You are the nurse manager on the med/surg unit in a small community hospital that has just instigated the Electronic Health Records (EHR). You have been given the task of educating staff on how to educate patients about the new EHR system.
As the nurse manager, you will make and present informational materials to the nursing staff via a slide presentation. You will explain the importance of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and the benefits it will provide for the patients.
Step 2: Make a 8 -to- 10 slide presentation.
Make a slide presentation to share with nursing staff to get their initial support. This should cover the following elements:
(Each one of the criteria listed below should be a heading of the slide)
- The impact of health care informatics on patient outcomes
- The role of the Internet in health care informatics
- An overview of Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Benefits of Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Concerns of Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Confidentiality and protection of patient information
(These will only consist of 6 slides, Per the teacher, I need to come up with two more slides topic to meet the 8 slides requirement)
Make sure that you properly cite any resources used and include a reference slide. (not included in the 10).
Step 3: Add presenter’s notes.
Include talking points and details in the notes area for each slide. These notes should document what you would say to an audience about each slide as if you were to present in-person, you will not be presenting in person, the presenter’s notes should read as if you were presenting within that area.
As you prepare your presentation, you should follow these guidelines:
- Use clear, concise, and complete sentences.
- Use relevant examples to help explain concepts.
- Use language intended for a listener as opposed to a reader.