Please posts in the discussion area your opinion of the ranking of the beds. You support your decision with Evidence Based Practice (EBP) by looking up these conditions and then coming to a determination of the severity. Provide appropriate APA citations for your references. You need to make sure to give credit to the author (via a citation) for the EBP you use to support your decision.
You have 4 beds in the Intensive Care Unit and 7 patients who need a bed. The following is a short description of the 7 patients waiting. You cannot select on the basis of 1st come, 1st served (they all showed up at your door at the same time) or just select them randomly. Try to decide upon a “system” for allocating these beds. Provide a valid reason for to support your decisions.
- Select your 4 patients and state what criteria or system you used to exclude the other 3.
- 25 points for your order and discussion,
- 25 points for the EBP material used to support your decision. This will need APA format for the citations and references.
- Mr. Jones, a 75-year-old pulmonary pt. with chronic emphysema. He is retired and has a DNR order.
- Ms. Cho, a 27-year-old hemophiliac pt, that is bleeding and also has AIDS, contracted from a transfusion of contaminated blood.
- Mr. Rogers, a 65-year-old retired general with congestive heart failure.
- Mrs. Rankin, a 52-year-old housewife, and an alcoholic with acute liver disease.
- Ms. Reubin, a 23-year-old college student in a persistent coma following an alcohol/drug overdose at a party.
- Carlton Child, a 12-year-old with head trauma and in a persistent vegetative state, following a beating by his stepfather.
- Joey, Scoy, a severely retarded Down syndrome teenager with a mental age of 5 years. He is suffering from aspiration pneumonia.