1. What is the unit product cost under variable costing?
2. What is the unit product cost under absorption costing?
3. What is the company’s total contribution margin under variable costing?
4. What is the company’s net operating income (loss) under variable costing?
5. What is the company’s total gross margin under absorption costing?
6. What is the company’s net operating income (loss) under absorption costing?
7. What is the amount of the difference between the variable costing and absorption costing net operating incomes (losses)?
13. Prepare a contribution format segmented income statement that includes a Total column and columns for the East and West regions.
15. Assume the West region invests $50,000 in a new advertising campaign in Year 2 that increases its unit sales by 20%. If all else remains constant, what would be the profit impact of pursuing the advertising campaign?