As an advanced registered nurse leader, you have an opportunity effect change through the practice of nursing health informatics. Informatics has evolved over time to become what it is today. Using the resources provided in this assignment, prepare a 12-15 PowerPoint presentation. Create speaker notes of 100-250 words for each slide. Include an additional slide for the title and references. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice-over or a video. Refer to the topic Resources for additional guidance on recording your presentation with Loom. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning and another at the end for References.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Define nursing informatics.
- Provide a brief history of the field of nursing informatics. Discuss how the specialty has evolved.
- Discuss how nursing informatics affects nursing leadership, clinical practice, administration, education, and research.
- Explain how organizational policy on health information systems can be affected or impacted by government regulation.
- Discuss nurse-led innovation as it relates to the advances in informatics and how informatics innovation can be used to improve the quality of patient care.
- Provide an example of the role of the nurse in transforming health care data into knowledge that can improve patient care using nursing informatics practice.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.