Wondering how to format your college essay in MLA? Students are often tasked with multiple college essays that require them to format and cite in MLA. College essays done in MLA citation style are essays that require in-text citations that include an author and page number i.e. (Walker 7-9) and corresponding entry for this reference in a works cited page. In addition, they require a unique title page which is on the same page (on top) of any content written.
The title section requires the following in that order:
- Your name
- Course Code and Title
- Instructor/Dr./Prof’s Name
- Date Due
Contact us for Help with MLA College Essays
This guide will give you free tips on how to format your paper in MLA. If still in doubt, contact our instant assignment help experts and we shall gladly help you out!
Who Creates and Updates MLA Citation Style?
The institution that created MLA format is called the Modern Language Association (MLA). It was created as a way for academics, students, and researchers in the domains of language and literature to structure their papers and assignments consistently. This consistent approach to writing a paper or assignment makes it simple to read. MLA is now employed in a wide range of academic fields outside of just literature and language.
In April 2021, the Modern Language Association published the 9th and most recent edition of its MLA Handbook. The Handbook offers comprehensive citation instructions as well as recommendations for presenting work that complies with MLA norms and standards. Despite the fact that we are not affiliated with the MLA, our citation experts have created this careful and detailed guide to the style.
Tips on How to Format your College Essays in MLA
The following are the best tips by our MLA college essay writing experts and are highly recommended when formatting your paper in MLA:
- Use white 8 ½ x 11” paper.
- Make 1-inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides.
- The first word in every paragraph should be indented one half inch.
- Indent set-off or block quotations one half inch from the left margin.
- Use any type of font that is easy to read, such as Times New Roman. Make sure that italics look different from the regular typeface.
- Use 12-point size.
- Double space the entire research paper, even the Works Cited page.
- Leave one space after periods and other punctuation marks, unless your instructor tells you to leave two spaces.
The Best College Essay Writing Service
- Instant Grades is the best college essay writing service because our experts offer plagiarism free assignment help that is guaranteed to get you excellent grades – A+ or B minimum.
- In addition, we are the best college essay writing service because we always deliver high-quality, properly referenced assignments within your deadline.
- Finally, we are the best college paper writing service because we have over 200+ college essay writers who are reliable, trustworthy, competent and have over 10+ years of experience helping students write their papers. Our writers are highly qualified and hold Bachelors, Master and PhDs in their respective specialties. They have gained experience first as students and then as respected academicians and professionals in nursing.
9.8/10 Student Rating
98% of students get As or Bs!
Experienced Nursing Essays Experts
10+ years helping students!
Never miss a deadline!
How much does a college essay cost?
Instant Grades’ college essay prices start at $12 for a deadline due in 30 days or more. Prices rise steadily as the time you need your college essay done by reduces.
- College essays due in 20 days cost $15 a page
- College essays due in 10 days cost $16 a page
- College essays due in 7 days cost $18 a page
- College essays due in 3 days cost $20 a page
- College essays due in 24 hours start at $24 a page
- College essays due in 12 hours cost $28 a page
- College essays due in 8 hours cost $36 a page