I want to understand this assignment better. My project is related to preventing falls in hospitalized patients with dementia over 65 years old in a local hospital. Last week I addressed this situation below: The primary intervention is to ascertain whether the installation of bed alarms prevents falls more effectively than conventional barriers in hospitalized dementia patients over 65 in the geriatric unit of the local hospital. In a prospective study, individuals with dementia admitted to this hospital will be randomly assigned to either the intervention group, which will have bed alarms, or the control group, which will receive conventional barriers, to understand this better. The frequency of falls in the two groups will be the leading outcome indicator. This hospital now uses conventional barriers, such as beds and side rails, to stop falls in hospitalized dementia patients. This intervention will focus on using bed alarms as a preventative tool, which makes it unique. Wireless sensors positioned on the mattress and used as bed alarms sound an alarm when the patient gets out of bed; this enables the care team to react swiftly and act, potentially averting the fall. Secondary outcome measures will also be considered, such as the frequency and kind of falls, their severity, the activities that led up to them, any alterations in patient behavior, and any additional symptoms connected to the fall. The hospital will implement a mechanism of ongoing quality improvement to guarantee that the bed alarms are functioning correctly and that the fall rate stays low; This will involve regular evaluations of patient falls and bed alarms, as well as comments from the care staff and the patients; this will allow the hospital to spot any potential problems or areas for development and take the necessary steps to reduce falls in patients with dementia who are being treated in the geriatric unit at the hospital. This week I need help with the following questions????????????????? Which 2-3 outcomes are expected for your project? What outcomes will be measured? How do you plan to do this? What tool will you be using to measure your outcome(s)? What data will be used to validate success of the project? Be sure your outcomes link to the identified problem. How will you know if your intervention resulted in change?
Critically examine Bias and stigmatization in health care
From a critical reflective lens-what is important to you with respect to Nursing & Why?
include power and control in healthcare,
stereotypes in healthcare and society,
vulnerable populations in healthcare,
and any other issues and challenges within our healthcare system and for healthcare workers (nurses) due to power, control, and organizational structures
. Also include,
- consider forms of social order involve forms of domination and power
- belief systems presented and treated as “facts” can act as barriers to conscious action and freedom
- a critical lens helps to see through taken-for-granted relations and beliefs to examine underlying structures and social relationships
- certain groups in any society are privileged over others; oppression is most forcefully reproduced when people who are subordinated accept their social status as natural, necessary, or inevitable
- how do you relate the above points to clients within healthcare, thinking about these dynamics, ideas, labels, and stereotypes?
- What changes in the status quo can you see that would benefit clients?
Cite your sources