Planning is critical to ensure positive patient outcomes, no matter what role you are in. You are to design a comprehensive case management plan for a terminally ill client. a woman who is 32 years old with ovarian cancer, or an infant born with a severe congenital defect.
Discuss a comprehensive case management plan for a terminally ill client.
- Identify the patient that you have chosen for the development of the case management plan.
- Describe the model of case management you will utilize.
- Identify existing resources in your local community that is available for the holistic plan of care.
- Describe what resources are lacking in your community and how you might be able to obtain these resources for the client.
- Discuss who will be involved in the plan and their roles, as well as their time frames of involvement.
- Explain clearly how each member of the team will document the plan of care.
- Briefly discuss the interventions that you would bring into play with the patient.
- Describe the role of case management in end-of-life care.
- Explain how case management of the patient will be evaluated at the end.
- Discuss how you and the team will protect yourselves from litigation while meeting all legal requirements as well as the case management standards