To obtain a license to practice, the State Boards of Nursing require graduates of practical nursing programs to complete the NCLEX-PN. Every state has different requirements for application to take the NCLEX-PN. It is your responsibility to know what is expected and required for application for your license. While you are not eligible to even apply until the end of the semester, it is time to start thinking about the process.
Go to the board of nursing website for the state you intend to take boards in and complete the following:
- What state do you anticipate taking boards? (0.5 points)
- What is the process of application for sitting for boards? (This may require research on other websites) (1 point)
- What document do you need from the school, what must be contained on the document, how do you get this document, and how should it be submitted (ex: can you personally send it?) (1 point)
- What fees are associated with taking the NCLEX-PN? (0.5 points)
- When you schedule your appointment, what do you need, and how do you get it? (1 point)
- What are the testing site rules (what must you have with you, breaks, etc.)? (1 point)